1451-1504 - Spain
Isabella and daughter, Catherine of Aragon, believed in classic education for women and were indirectly responsible for educating Elizibeth I.
Isabella was idolized by Spaniards. She backed Columbus' expedition and unified and expanded the Spanish Empire while, sadly, the Inquisition flourished.
1. Bundle of five arrows and snake - Isabella's badge on Spain's Coat of Arms.
2. Eagle - St. John of Aragon.
3. Yoke - Ferdinand, her husband.
4. Pomegranate design in fabric - Christian; eternal life.
5. Spanish galleon - Columbus' voyage.
6. Sails - Spanish lace.
7. North Star - Navigation; five points -- aspiration, inspiration, navigation, spirituality, education.