Daughter of the Argentine
1. Old Spanish altar - Political implications of church -- state control of Argentina.
2. Lilies and serpent - Represent women's conflict with purity and sensuality.
3. Crucified feet of Christ - Who also died at the age of thirty-three.
4. White dress and veil - White symbolizes simplicity, light, illumination, innocence. In Christianity, it is worn at all sacraments. The veil symbolizes concealment; that which conceals can also reveal, thus:
5. The grenade - Symbolizing the future struggle for power incorporating violence.