Ch'ang-o - The Chinese Moon Goddess
Legend - Ch'ang-o stole this drug of immortality from her husband, I, and escaped to the moon. As a mediator the Hare protected her from I's wrath although she remained on the moon.
1. The Elixir of life - Is in a ritual vessel of the King of the Kui Dynasty.
2. Clouds - She escapes, protected by beneficent dragon.
3. Dragon - Supernatural power -- wisdom, goodness, hidden knowledge.
4. Plum blossom - Chinese National flower (five petals represent five Chinese clans). Symbol of long life.
5.Peony - Spring -- Love and affection.
6. Lotus - Summer, fruitful.
7. Chrysanthemum - Autumn, joviality.
8. Shou - Longevity (on border of dress).
9. Moon - Yin-Yang symbol (female/male).
10. Red - First rank, joy and luck.
11. Green - Ming Dynasty (Jade).
12. Black - North, Yin, winter, water.