1. Column of fire - Brigid's symbol.
2. The oak - Her sacred tree.
3. Three concentric circles - Her Trinity symbol throughout Celtic Ireland.
4. The serpent, wreathed around her head - Fertility designed to divert evil.
5. Two crescents back to back - Immortality.
6. Mistletoe - Celtic Druids used for fertility rights, also, "I surmount difficulties."
7. The sun - Brigid's feminine power.
8. Crescent moon - Female symbol, always.
9. Nine branches - Eight directions of the world with the center ninth. Nine is significant to the triple Celtic Goddess (thrice three).
10. Nine white stones - Nine virgins attendant on Brigid.
11. Swans with gold or silver chains - Supernatural appearance of divinities, solar and beneficent.
12. Brigid holds rush cross - Four quarters of the year.
13. Water - Access to the other world of foreknowledge.
14. The moon symbol behind the tree - First later Christian cross, entwined snakes.
15. Mist - Initiation, soul pass from confusion to illumination.
16. Brigh Brigaid holds the Scale of Justice - Weighing the sun and moon.
17. St. Brigid holds the Celtic Christian cross.
18. Some texts call Brigid "Bride" or "Brigit."